Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Encroaching Dark

I am felling a good deal more sane today, so I guess that's something. I think posting here has helped me, it makes me feel like I can connect to the outside world, even though I am unsure if these blogs ever make it out. It helps and that's the point and that is why I am going to keep doing this even if no one ever gets to see it.



I should tell you what happened on Sunday, what really happened not just what I wished had happened.

As stated before I did make my way up the Santa Susana Pass towards the accident site. I got to the pass on bike as planned, but snapped the chain before I made it more then 30 yards up the pass. No big deal I can still walk, it shouldn't be a problem. The pass was longer and darker then I recalled, I normally drive it during the day never giving it much of a thought, but at night on foot it is terrible. The pass travels around the mountain side for about 5 miles to the where the police and ambulances had their staging area set up to assist with the train crash. You can see the giant flood lights from the bottom of the pass, being able to see the lights the whole walk made it that much longer. I constantly had the feeling that it was closer then it actually was.

About 1/2 way up Nevele starts to freak out, I have never seen him like that. He is thrashing in his carrier, spitting, yowling, crying, it was the worst noise I have ever heard him make. I was pretty worried so I tried to take him out of the box, the little bastard clawed my arm and took off. He just ran into the night that stupid shit, he has no idea where he is, I don't know if he will be able to find his way home or not. I tried to chase him but he moved so fast. I started to think that the way he was acting may have been a sign of rabies, then I worried that since he clawed me I might have got it. It has been a few days since then and nothing has happened so in very relative terms I am okay. I haven't seen the cat, I looked at my house, I looked on my way back but no trace of him. I wanted to be able to call for him, but given the circumstance it wasn't possible.

After standing dumb founded and upset over losing my cat for about 5 minutes, I decided it was time to press on. I walked for another 15 or so when the giant spotlights came into full view. They were a way off but I could clearly see those aholes in the yellow hazmat suits patrolling the area. I could also make out two figures just outside the main pools of light, It was good to know I wasn't the only jerk left behind. I thought about yelling out to them, but I figured I'd be up there soon enough and maybe the the Yellow Men wouldn't look too hard at me if I let someone else give their idiots tale first. The Yellow Men notice them, and I can see them gesturing to each other. I am just watching now, my legs are frozen. Dread I clearly feel dread sweeping over me. This isn't like worrying if you are going to pass a test or an inspection this is stiff kneed dread, that just cusps the edge of terror. I can't imagine why I feel this way so suddenly, then I realize it's the way the Yellow Men gestured, it was aggressive, militant. I have seen signs like those before, in the Air Force and every war movie I ever watched. It also dawns on me that the Yellow Men have guns, as I attempt to process what's going on and unstick myself from this spot, I am so firmly glued to, two more Yellow Men appear. It happens in unison and with timing and accuracy that only a lot of practice brings. The guns rise, the muzzles flash, a dull thock thock thock thock whispers, and the two figures fall. It came to me on the way down that the two murdered individuals on the pass never cried out, did they even know it was going to happen? Was the light to bright, were they blinded? Those yellow bastards snuffed them out as easy as 1,2,3 and they probably never knew it was about to happen. Those poor people died with hope an relief on the tips of their tongues. I watched with my tongue firmly stuck to my lower jaw, mouth agape, and stupid. Should I have yelled out to them, did I even have time? Those questions don't matter, done is done as they say.

After their bodies hit the ground I had the simple sense to get my legs in motion and head back. I was as quiet as I have ever been as I made my way back down. I left the bike in the middle of the road, its broken chain still lying in the street. It took me awhile to get back to Aaron's, a 10 minute bike ride turned into a pretty long walk. I was very careful the whole way back, I didn't see anyone, not that I think their is anyone to see.

Monday and Tuesday I was to afraid to use the Internet because I thought that I might be noticed online. Another factor is the generator and how loud it is, I didn't want to risk bringing attention to myself. Those two days of being closed up in Aaron's basement made me think I was going crazy. I could see those people die every time I closed my eyes. Posting was the first thing that made me feel normal. I still haven't eaten and I know I need too but my appetite is gone. I will force myself to if I have to I will need the strength to figure out my next move.

Here is something funny the cable and the DSL are all out, I can't find a wireless signal at all. So how do I post? Two ways my Iphone which I think is making it out, the reception is at 0 bars but it says 3Gt and Earthlink, LOL, I am on fricken dial up. The phones receivers get this static sound when you pick them up but for whatever reason I can still dial out of Oxnard. If they are jamming everything else, it looks like they missed a spot. Hooray Loophole, and 3 cheers for dial up. I set this blog to auto post all emails I send it, because it takes 10 minutes to load this page from dial up and almost that long on my phone. I am not sure if I will be able read comments posted here, but if anyone is out there and you have any information on what is going on, or how to get out of here safely please contact me.

Tranquilnow@gmail.com
~Johnny~
Alive in the Super Unknown